Founded by Fabien Pinckaers in 2005, now in 2020 Odoo reached a turning point, not only for being the best open source CRM but for proving it can not only equal traditional software vendors but surpass them.
Odoo comprises over 30 main modules that are regularly updated. In addition, more than 16,000 third-party apps/plug-ins are available in its app store.
Odoo is a large collection of business-related applications and modules like CRM, Sales management, E-commerce, Warehouse management, Purchase management, Accounting suit, Manufacturing management, HRMS, etc...
All these basic modules are called Enterprise Resource Planning software.
Formerly known as OpenERP, Odoo is available in the cloud or on-premise and can be used by businesses of all sizes. Because it’s open-source, Odoo software is highly customizable. Developers can access the code and modify it to make changes in the modules based on an organization’s requirements.
Why is Odoo becoming more popular?
- It’s an Open Source.
- Easy to customize.
- Business size does not matter.
- Readymade apps.
- Global support.
- Updated frequently.
- Easily integrated with third party services.
- User friendly.
Now, What are the latest features of Odoo 13.2?
1. Accounting made more powerful!
What’s new? After that Odoo made your payment life way easier throughout the years, Odoo “Accounting” just got more efficient:
- Manage Batch Payments.
- Easily create depreciation reports with import features.
- All layout and views are improved for easy usage.
- More interconnections with other modules and applications.
- Payment status tracking.
- The NEW refactoring processes.
- Improvements of the general usability.
2. Website, Even Cooler than before!
When creating a website from scratch got way easier by Odoo, this open-source CRM can’t stop blowing our minds by adding way cooler updates than the others. They are so many so we’ll do our best to summarize them.
- Improvement of the left panel.
- Anchor system has been reviewed.
- the background-size and position for snippets have been configured in a modal.
- Visual insight into invisible elements.
- A slide counter has been added to the carousel snippets option menu.
- And way more possibilities added for the form.
- Theme preview is now full screen in the same tab.
- Default theme is now blank, easier for you to be creative.
- Global snippets and no more specific ones.
- Theme options now appear in the third panel of the left panel.
- Last but not least! Everything is interconnected!
3. More practical eLearning!
Odoo eLearning combines everything you need to manage your courses, certifications, quizzes, etc. With all our new calls to action, you will have the possibility to see all courses, badges, or certifications on the user profile.
What are the updates now?
- Share certifications on social media.
- Check, Rank, and Track the progress of your users by Week, Month, or Year.
- Adding comments to quiz answers.
- Even easier to use interface for users and managers.
4. Events, more efficient
- Kanban view has more features and better usability for scheduling.
- It is now possible to create your own event management flow via this Kanban view.
- In addition, the Gantt view dynamically computes the display start date and scale.
Now with Odoo events, manage all your events with a single click!
5. Smarter Inventory
Controlling your costs accurately!
Keeping reports about your inventory helps you understand what stocks are doing well, versus which are just taking up shelf space. Lack of the right inventory at the right time can mean back orders, excess inventory, etc.…
In this update:
- Possibility to avoid giving accounting/billing access.
- The usage of flows with expiration dates in now improved.
- Reordering rules allowing minimum stock with inventory cost as low as possible.
- deliveries signed for acknowledgment of receipt are now available.
- UPS accounts are now linked to your customer profile.
Furthermore, the user experience has been redesigned and is more accessible. Now, when a user has to change the cost of a product, he avoids opening a wizard.
6. Manufacturing, more convenient.
This brand-new app with tons of features
- Improved layout of batch transfers.
- The above is linked to the Barcode App.
- Management of subcontract receipts with tracked components and finished products.
- Allowing updates to confirm MOs (Manufacturing Orders) and consume components that weren't part of the initial BOM (Manufacturing Bill of Materials) and WOs (Work Order).
- Setting up alerts on transfers and Mos for better rescheduling.
- Easier WOs planning visibility.
- Possibility to post an inventory on a MO under the same condition as marked as done.